Fall 2010 Edition
Oct. 19, 2010
- The Art of the Ann Arbor City Budget
- Auditor General Sees Dead People...Getting Paid
- State Taxpayers Eat $350K Loan for East Lansing Property Purchase
- Government Transparency and a New Government in 2011
- Auditor General Uncovers Numerous Troubles with Dept. of Community Health
- Dept. of Community Health Refutes Report Showing Dead People Getting Paid
- The Refuge
- Crony Capitalism at the State Capitol
- Three Unpaid Parking Tickets? No License!
- Taxing Canoes and Kayaks
- No Free Lunch: ‘Taxing Teens at Taco Bell’
- More Federal Spending On the Way — And the Michigan House Asked for It
- Did You Know?
- Who Are Your Lawmakers?
- Michigan Pols Approve Stimulus Spending
- New State Data Shows Michigan Public Schools Spent Record Amount Per Student
- Mackinac Center Investigation Leads to Criminal Charge
- I'm Just a Bill
Mackinac Center for Public Policy Director of Education Policy Audrey Spalding describes her latest study on right-to-work law violations in public school contracts and suggests why districts and unions are ignoring the law.