A 'horseshoer' with no horses, drunk teachers and right-to-work coverage were some of the most popular articles
Pick-ups by the news aggregator "Drudge Report" garnered the Top 2 spots for Michigan Capitol Confidential articles in 2012.
Among our Top 10 stories viewed by readers online, coverage included a story about the Detroit Water Department employing a horseshoer thanks to a union contract — despite the department having no horses, a school contract allowing teachers to show up to school drunk five times before getting fired and coverage of Michigan becoming the nation's 24th right-to-work state.
In the past year, CapCon stories have been featured on Fox News, the Huffington Post, Instapundit, George Will, Bill O'Reilly, the Rush Limbaugh Show, the Frank Beckmann Show, National Review, Human Events, the Weekly Standard, Reason, Carpe Diem, Hot Air and many other websites, TV stations and radio programs.
Below are the Top 10 items overall. This list is for views between Jan. 1, 2012, and Dec. 31, 2012 (one story from late 2011 made this year's list, too).
- “No Horses, But Detroit Water Department Employs ‘Horseshoer”
- “School Districts Closed Because of Excessive Teacher Absences Over Right-to-Work”
- “Teacher Upset She Can’t Retire at 47”
- “Union Contract: Teachers can be Caught in School Drunk Five Times and on Drugs Three Times Before Being Fired”
- “We’ll be at Your Daughter’s Soccer Game!”
- “Chevy Volt Costing Taxpayers up to $250K Per Vehicle”
- “Detroit: The Triumph of Progressive Policy”
- “The Union ‘Free-Rider’ Myth in Right-to-Work Debate”
- "Extra Early Voting Opportunity In Heavily Democratic Area Raises Eyebrows"
- "Union Sues Indiana Governor; Claims Right-to-Work Law Enforces Slavery"